Recreational Sports Fitness and Wellness activities are available to provide a quality state-of-the-art fitness and wellness environment that educates and motivates participants to engage in safe and effective fitness programs. Fitness and wellness promotes the concept of wellness through a harmonious relationship between mind, body and spirit. It also helps the individual to develop self-responsibility that has a positive impact on risk factors, lifestyles and quality of life. The Fitness and Wellness programs also help to develop professional skills for student staff, including exercise prescription, leadership skills, equipment operation and upkeep, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to deliver a higher level of quality service to customers to increase personal fitness levels and wellness.
Group Ex provides aerobic activities in a group setting. Several classes are offered throughout each semester, ranging from beginning to advanced intensity levels. Classes vary from yoga to water exercise. All classes are held in the Payne Center and instructed by certified aerobic instructors.
Follow us on twitter for updates: @PayneNsweat
Spinning Policies and Procedures
- Please bring a towel AND a water bottle to every class.
- Please be ON TIME. Participants will not be admitted into a class once it has begun/door close.
- These classes are based on a first come, first serve basis.
- Communicate with the instructor if you need to leave early or have questions about the bike itself.
- Please be sure to clean your bike before AND after class begins and ends.
- Spinning cleats are only permitted inside of the spinning studio.
Pound Class Policies
- Maximum number of participants per class is 15.