Learn to Swim
Welcome to the Learn To Swim program at The University of Southern Mississippi Recreational Sports, where we have a class for you! The Learn To Swim program provides classes for all ages and skill levels. Our program offers classes taught by certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors and follows the ARC guidelines.
Parent and Child Aquatics (6 months to about 36 months old)
Parents and children learn together to increase children's comfort in the water and build a foundation of basic aquatic and water safety skills.
Preschool Aquatics (about 3 to 5 years old)
Children learn basic aquatic safety and survival skills to increase children's comfort level in and around the water.
Levels 1 - 6 (about 6 to 12 years old)
Children learn through six progressive levels to develop and refine their water safety, survival and swim skills.
Adult Lessons (about 12 years and older)
Provide adults the opportunity to learn and/or refine their water safety, survival and swim skills with their peers.
To register for Learn To Swim classes, register online or stop by the sales office located in the Payne Center Atrium. The sales office is open Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Items needed to complete registration:
- Registration form
- Participation waiver
- Online registration does not guarantee your spot in Learn to Swim classes. Payment secures your spot in your respective Learn to Swim class. To submit payment, stop by the Payne Center Sales Office or mail to 118 College Dr. #5155, Hattiesburg, MS 39406.
- Late registration will be taken on if space is available.
30 minute lessons
$45 - Southern Miss Students and Payne Center members
$55 - Community and Payne Center Non-members
50 minute lessons
$65 - Southern Miss Students and Payne Center members
$75 - Community and Payne Center Non-members
- All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration
- Students may NOT enter the water prior to lesson times
- Students should use the Natatorium entrance at Turk Circle for swim lesson admission
- No refunds or rollover will be granted after the first week of classes
- All students must wear appropriate swim attire. Students may also want to wear a swim cap and goggles
- Make-up days will be used in case class must be cancelled by Recreational Sports. They are not used for times when participants miss class on their own accord.
Want to participate??? Download, print and fill out these forms: