Save a Life!
- For ages 15 and older
- Class includes certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer - everything you need to start working as a lifeguard.
- Course length is approximately 26 hours
- All sessions are taught by American Red Cross certified instructors and are taught in the Payne Center. All courses include lectures, videos, demonstrations, practice and testing skill scenarios, and a written exam.
- Pre-requisites for the course are a 300 yard swim, 50 yard brick tow, and a two minute tread.
- Participants must attend all sessions to receive cerification.
- Re-funds will not be granted for those individuals who are not able to pass their pre-requisties.
- At the end of the course, participants must pass the written exam with an 80% or higher.
- Students and Payne Center Memmbers: $200
- Community and Non-Members $250
- Register and pay at the Sales Office located in the atrium of the Payne Center. The Sales Office is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday, July 13 - Friday, July 17 - 2 - 6 p.m.
Questions, please contact Sydney King, Coordinator for Aquatics and Outdoor Programs at Sydney King at 601.266.5408.