The University of Southern Mississippi
Intramural Sports Program
All Intramural participants are responsible for their own medical expenses. Any participant unsure of his/her physical condition should check with their physician or the University Clinic before participating in an Intramural Sports contest.
Intramural Officials are in absolute control of the game. Officials and Supervisors shall have the power to make decisions on all matters and questions not specifically covered in the rules.
A current Southern Miss I.D. must be presented to the supervisor at game time. NO I.D. - NO PLAY- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
If a team fails to appear with the required minimum number of players, ready to play, at the scheduled location at the scheduled start of the game, a member of the Intramural Sports Staff will declare the contest a forfeit. Teams that forfeit will receive a ‘C’ for sportsmanship and will be required to pay $15 to the Recreational Sports Office prior to the registration of any other intramural sports teams.
If a team knows that they will be unable to play a scheduled game, the Team Captain must contact the Intramural Sports Office by 12:00 PM the day of the contest to declare a default. The defaulting team will receive a loss and a ‘B’ for sportsmanship. There is no re-entry fee for a default.
Console and Game Settings
- All consoles, games, and controllers will be supplied at the event. XBOX 360 system will be used throughout the competition
- No cheats will be allowed, nor will the use of objects external to the controllers be allowed. Should a participant be caught cheating or using an external object, they will be immediately disqualified.
- Team Selection:
- A participant may play with anyone of the current 32 NFL teams. The all-time teams, fantasy teams, or pro bowl teams are not allowed in the tournament.
- Quarter Length: 4 Minutes
- Skill: All Madden
- Playbook: Any
- Weather: Random
- Instant Replay: Disabled
- All other settings will be default
- Overtime (OT) will decide all ties. If tied after 1 OT, then they will play a Grudge Match and will play regular quarters until there is a score. Must play with the same home and away teams.
- Game Settings:
- Tournament seeding will be determined in random fashion by tournament organizers.
- Please be sure to check-in with the beginning of play. A valid USM ID card is required before each game. NO ID…NO PLAY!
- The Tournament format is a 1 vs. 1 format.
- Before each game of the Tournament, there will be a coin flip. Winner of the coin flip will decide if he/she wants to be home or away team.
- This is a single-elimination tournament. No pausing, delays, or rewind allowed. If you do pause a game (using the Start Button), then you must burn a timeout as a penalty. If you have no timeouts left, you will be required to take a penalty (delay of game for offense or offsides for defense).
- Mercy Rule: 25 points more than your opponent at any point in the second half wins the game.
- Players have 5 minutes, upon notification that they are next to play, to report to their match or they will face immediate disqualification. We need to keep the event moving in a timely fashion.
Tournament Conduct and Decisions
- By participating in the Tournament, competitors agree to be bound by the decisions of the Tournament organizers. Anyone who violate any rule, gains an unfair advantage in participating in the Tournament, or obtains winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. No sideline coaching or gambling on games allowed.
- Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behavior is prohibited. Foul language of any kind will not be permitted or tolerated.
- Any action designed to disrupt the opposing player's view of the field, or ability to select controlled players, is prohibited.
- All scores are final
- The Tournament Organizers will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes or conflicting claims concerning the rules of the Tournament and the Tournament Organizers' decisions concerning such disputes will be final.
- If the conduct or outcome of the Tournament is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any even beyond the control of the Tournament Organizers, the Tournament Organizers reserve the right to terminate the Tournament, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Tournament Organizers deem appropriate.
- Any intentional distraction to the players while they are playing will result in immediate disqualification and removal from the premises, including turning off the game.
- Controllers are supplied by the tournament. If a controller is defective, a player can pause the game and notify one of the tournament staff. If a player plays with a defective controller, all results are counted.
- All decisions will be made by the Tournament Organizers and are final.
Recreational Sports Website: http://www.usm.edu/recsports
Intramural Sports Office: 601.266.5405