My First 5K
Q: Have you ever wanted to participate in a 5K race but had no idea how to get ready?
A: My First 5K
Join representatives from Forrest General Wellness, Hattiesburg Clinic
and Southern Miss to obtain your training for walking and running.
Instructor-led training and motivation - 3 days per week
- Training will begin Tuesday, September 3
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (6:15 a.m. or 5:30 p.m.) - Bruce and Virginia Wilgus Fitness Trail at Southern Miss
- Sundays (4 p.m.) - Longlead Trace Gateway
Kickoff & Registration
- Monday, August 27 (11 a.m. - 1 p.m.) - Hattiesburg Clinic Poplar Room
- Monday, August 27 (5:30 - 6:30 p.m.) Forrest General Livewell Center next to Wal-Mart on Hwy. 49
- Tuesday, August 28 (11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.) Southern Miss Student Union
- Tuesday, August 28 (5:30 - 6:30 p.m.) Southern Miss Payne Center
- Wednesday, August 29 (11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.) Southern Miss Student Union
- September 21
- For your safety, no more participants will be added for training after this date.
- $15 per participant (includes training and race entry) before September 21
- submit payment (check only) to:
Student Health Services, Jodi Ryder
c/o My First 5k
118 College Dr #5066
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001
- Saturday, October 27 at 8 a.m.
To sign up after registration dates or for more information, contact:
Jodi Ryder (Southern Miss) at 601.266.5266
Susan Bone (Southern Miss) at 601.255.5655
Donna Wheeless (FGH Wellness) at 601.288.3874
Susan Yarrow (Hattiesburg Clinic) at 601.268.5606