Punt, Pass, Kick
The University of Southern Mississippi
Intramural Sports Program
Punt, Pass, Kick
All Intramural participants are responsible for their own medical expenses. Any participant unsure of his/her physical condition should check with their physician or the University Clinic before participating in an Intramural Sports contest.
Teams are responsible for keeping their spectators under control. Misconduct of participants, coaches or spectators can result in an unsportsmanlike penalty, ejection or forfeiture of the game. Team Captains will be held responsible for spectator, team and sideline misconduct. Two ejections from any contest will result in an automatic forfeiture.
Intramural Officials are in absolute control of the game. Officials and Supervisors shall have the power to make decisions on all matters and questions not specifically covered in the rules.
A current Southern Miss I.D. must be presented to the supervisor at game time.
NO I.D. - NO PLAY- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
- Each participant will be allowed three punts, three passes, and three placekicks as part of his/her competition.
- The best of the three attempts in each area will count as the official score.
- Scores are based on both distance and accuracy. Example: If a participant passes the ball 100 feet, but the ball lands 30 feet to the right of the measuring tape, the final score would be 100-30 = 70. Scores will be based on exact feet and inches (no partial inches‹round to nearest inch). No participant will receive a negative score; instead their score will be "0."
- A participant's final score is his/her cumulative total for the three individual events. Example: If participant scores (40) for punting, (60) for passing, and (22) for kicking, the participant's final score is 122.
- If a participant goes over the line prior to or before releasing or making contact with the ball, he/she will be penalized five (5) feet.
- Exception: in kicking, a participant may go over the line without penalty provided the tee is placed on or behind the line.
- There is no violation if the kicking tee is kicked with the football during the kicking event.
- Scores will be determined from where a participant's punt/pass/kick first makes contact with the ground. Bounces or rolls do not add to the score.
- If a participant tries to punt, pass, or kick and misses the ball completely, it DOES NOT count as an attempt and another attempt is allowed.
Recreational Sports Website: http://www.usm.edu/recsports
Intramural Sports Office: 601.266.5409