- If a team fails to appear with the required minimum number of players, ready to play, at the scheduled location at the scheduled start of the game, a member of the Intramural Sports Staff will declare the contest a forfeit.
- Teams that forfeit will receive a "F" for sportsmanship and will be required to pay $15 to the Recreational Sports Office.
- The captain of the forfeiting team will be suspended from play until the $15 forfeit fee has been payed.
- Teams are only allowed one forfeit per sport per season. If a team forfeits twice, it will be removed fro the league for the remainder of the season.
- If a team knows that they will be unable to play a scheduled game, the team Captain must contact the Intramural Sports Office by 12:00 p.m. the day of the contest to declare a default.
- The defaulting team will receive a loss and a "B" for sportsmanship. There is no re-entry fee for a default.
- Teams will be allowed one default per sport, upon the second default, teams will be removed from the league.