Section 8: Defaults and Forfeits
Article 1: Advanced Defaults
If a team captain knows that his or her team will be unable to field the minimum number of players for a game, he or she should advance default the game. This will save the team from the forfeit fee. An advance default will be recorded as a loss, and the defaulting team will receive a “B” sportsmanship rating. Teams wishing to advance default should do so by contacting the Intramural Sports office by 12:00m the day of their game. Teams are allowed one default or forfeit per sport. The second infraction will result in that team being dropped from the league.
NOTE: For events scheduled during a weekend, advance defaults must be reported by 5 p.m. on the Friday before the weekend.
Article 2: Forfeit Policy
Game time is forfeit time. If a team fails to appear at the scheduled location by game time with participants signed in and ready to play, the Intramural Sports supervisor will declare the contest a forfeit, thus resulting in the following:
· The forfeiting team must pay $15 to Recreational Sports Office.
· The captain of the forfeiting team will be suspended from play until the $15 forfeit fee has been paid.
· In the event of a double forfeit, both teams will have losses recorded against their record, and both teams must pay the $15 forfeit fee.
· A team will be dropped from competition once they forfeit their second game and must pay both forfeit fees.
· The non- forfeiting team must have the minimum number of players for that sport, present, signed in and ready to play. If they fail to sign in or to have the minimum, the game will be recorded as a double forfeit.