The University of Southern Mississippi has designated the following items as Directory Information, subject to public disclosure in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974:
- Student's Name
- Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- Dates of Attendance
- Degree(s) Earned
- Previous Institutions Attended
- Participation in University recognized organization and activities
- Weight and height of athletic team member
- Honors and awards
- Student's photo
- Dean's/President's List
Directory Information pertaining to students of The University of Southern Mississippi is never knowingly provided to any requester for commercial purposes. Students must request the University not to release Directory Information; however, the consequences of that action should be considered before making the decision to do so.
- The enrollment of students who request to withhold Directory Information cannot be verified to any outside source such as potential employers, colleges, universities, or medical insurance companies.
- The names of students who request to withhold Directory Information will not appear in any official university publication distributed to the public, such as a commencement program.
- The names of students who request to withhold Directory Information will not be provided to the media when releasing academic recognition announcements (President's List or Dean's List).
Students who choose to have Directory Information withheld should complete a written request provided by the Office of the University Registrar, located in Kennard-Washington Hall, Room 110.