FAQs Financial Aid Information
1. Financial Aid Contact Information:
- Financial Aid (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/)
- Financial Aid Revisions/Appeals (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/revisions.php)
- Financial Aid Reevaluation (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/re-valuation.php)
- Request for Reinstatement of Financial Aid (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/pdfs/updated%20forms%2011-12/Appeal%20Forml.pdf) (PDF)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/sap.php)
- Excessive Hours Appeal Form (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/pdfs/updated%20forms%2011-12/over%20hours.pdf) 2011-2012 (PDF)
2. How do I apply for Financial Aid (loan, grant, scholarship or work-study)?
- Students who wish to apply for federal and/or state financial aid must complete the FAFSA via http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/
- Students with questions regarding their financial aid may contact a financial aid counselor in the Financial Aid Office in Kennard-Washington Hall, room 101.
3. When is the financial aid deadline?
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at 601-266-4774 or check the website after January 1 of the year requesting aid: http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/.
4. What is financial aid suspension?
- Students receiving financial aid and do not meet satisfactory academic progress toward their degree could be placed on financial aid suspension.
- While students on financial aid suspension will not receive financial aid, they will continue to be enrolled in pre-registered courses and are financially obligated to any course work attempted.
- To appeal the financial aid suspension, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Financial Aid Scholarship Contact Information?
- Scholarship (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/scholarshipsINTRO.php)
- Process for Academic Scholarship Appeals (http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/sap.php)
6. How can I find out what scholarships are available?
- Students who wish to apply scholarships must complete the FAFSA via http://www.usm.edu/financialaid/
- Students with questions regarding scholarships may contact a financial aid counselor in the Financial Aid Office in Kennard-Washington Hall, room 101.
- Some colleges may have additional University foundation scholarships available. Students should contact their Dean’s Office for more details on foundation scholarships.
7. How do I get Veteran’s Affairs (VA) benefits?
- Veterans or dependents of veterans may be eligible for benefits based on federal guidelines. For details and deadlines, contact the VA Specialist in the Registrar’s Office in Kennard-Washington Hall, room 110.
8. Tuition Charges Contact Information?
- Tuition Charges are set by IHL the summer before the academic year begins
- Contact Business Services Office: 601-266-4137 or visit the following website (http://www.usm.edu/businessservices/generaltuition.html)
- Tuition Appeals Procedure: Contact Business Services Office: 601-266-4137 or visit the following website (http://www.usm.edu/businessservices/generaltuition.html)
9. What is the Refund Policy (Withdrawals & Drops)?
- Contact the Business Services Office: 601-266-4137 or visit the following website (http://www.usm.edu/businessservices/refunds.html)