Pine Haven Graduate/Family Housing
NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for Pine Haven Graduate and Family Housing; however, we are honoring the summer and fall 2013 applications that have already been submitted.
Pine Haven, located on the western side of campus, is designed to offer convenient, enjoyable and comfortable living accommodations to students and their families. One, two and three-bedroom apartments are available. All apartments are equipped with an automatic gas water heater, kitchen range, refrigerator, as well as central heating and air. Note: The apartments are unfurnished.
Pine Haven one bedroom apartment features:
- 401 square feet of living space
- Three windows (3 feet 1 inch x 4 feet 2 inches)
Pine Haven two bedroom apartment features:
- 533 square feet of living space
- Four windows (4 feet 2 1/2 inches x 4 feet 2 1/2 inches)
Pine Haven three bedroom apartment features:
- 697 square feet of living space
- Five windows (4 feet 2 1/2 inches x 4 feet 2 1/2 inches)
Applicants must have been admitted or currently registered at Southern Miss as either a full-time undergraduate student (taking 12 hours) or a full-time graduate student (taking nine hours). Additionally, the applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
- Married and living with spouse
- Married, living with spouse and at least one legally dependent child
- Single parent living with at least one legally dependent child
- Single graduate student living alone in a one bedroom apartment
Only immediate members of the applicant's family are eligible to live in the apartment unit (husband or wife and legally dependent children). Proof of eligibility must be presented before accepting an apartment. Applicants should be able to provide the appropriate documents upon request:
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Copy of birth certificate for each child
- Copy of divorce decree showing full custody of the child(ren) who will be residing at Pine Haven
- (Single parent separated from spouse) Documentation showing full custody of the child(ren) who will be residing in Pine Haven
- (Single parent with no spouse) Proof that the child(ren) will reside with them at Pine Haven
Length of Residency
Bachelors Degree, Five Years
Masters Degree, Two Years
Doctoral Degree, Three Years
After an apartment is occupied, changes/moves are only authorized when there is a change in family size; the present apartment is smaller than the eligible apartment; and/or for medical reasons prescribed by a doctor and approved by the assistant director for Family and Special Interest Housing.
For more information, contact the Pine Haven office at 601.266.2705.