WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING RA APPLICATIONS.
*See link below under Applicant Resources to review the complete RA job description.
Congratulations on your decision to apply for a position as a Resident Assistant (RA) in the Department of Residence Life. The RA experience is a unique leadership and paraprofessional opportunity to gain valuable skills, be a part of a team, have an impact on others, and to enhance the college experience for yourself and others. This is a golden opportunity to take your experience 'To The Top!'
*Applications for a January 2016 start date must be submitted by the priority deadline of Nov. 22, 2015 to receive full consideration.
**Applications for an August 2016 start date must be submitted by the priority deadline of Jan. 22, 2016 to receive full consideration.
ATTEND AN INFO SESSION - Professional staff and current RAs will be available to provide information about the RA hiring process and job, as well as answer questions.
Fall Semester Info Session Dates (for January 2016 start date)
- Mon., Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. - Century Park South Luckyday Multipurpose Room
- Tues., Nov. 17 at 7 p.m. - Century Park North Learning Center
- Wed., Nov. 18 at 7 p.m. - RHA Center
Spring Semester Info Session Dates (for August 2016 start date)
- Wed., Jan. 20 at 7 p.m. - McCarty Hall Meeting Room
- Thurs., Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. - Scholarship Hall
- Thurs., Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. - Wilber Hall
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
If you have any questions about the application and selection process, please contact Joe Lasley, assistant director for residence education and staff recruitment.
- RA scholarship (private room and meal allowance)
*Compensation for RA duties can only be disbursed as a scholarship and could result in a reduction of other scholarships or financial aid.
- Paid hours working at the front desk
- Leadership experience, training and mentorship
- Affiliation with a team of student leaders
- Opportunity to help other students grow and shape their college experience
- Must maintain a 2.4 cumulative GPA
- Minimal to no conduct history
- Additional employment not allowed
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form
- Customer service (answer telephone and greet visitors)
- Critical thinking