The University of Southern Mississippi strives to provide a safe living, learning and working environment for its students, faculty and staff.
Emergency operations and communications plans ensure timely and appropriate assessment, response and information dissemination in the event an emergency incident occurs.
Whom to call in an emergency
In the event of an emergency, you should dial 911 from any of The University of Southern Mississippi's campuses or facilities. Callers should remain on the line to ensure dispatchers have the correct location.
Calls from a land line will be directed either to University Police (Hattiesburg) or base security (Keesler Air Force Base and Stennis Space Center). Calls from a cell phone will be directed to the appropriate local jurisdiction. 911 dispatchers in the Hattiesburg area will redirect calls to University Police as soon as they determine the emergency is on campus.
For more details, click on the plus signs to expand the sections below.
- 911 (emergency)
- 601.266.4986 (non-emergency)
- Bond Hall, First Floor West
Gulf Park Campus, Long Beach
- 911 (emergency, directed to Long Beach Police Department)
- 228.214.3430 (administrative office)
- 228.214.3501 (security office)
- 228.234.2068 (24-hour-duty cell phone)
Gulf Coast Student Service Center, Gulfport
- 911 (emergency, directed to Gulfport Police Department)
- 228.865.4519 (security office)
- 228.669.7496 (24-hour-duty cell phone)
Keesler Air Force Base
- 911 (emergency, directed to Harrison County Emergency Dispatch Center)
- 228.377.3040 (base security)
Stennis Space Center
- 911 (emergency, directed to Hancock County Emergency Dispatch Center)
- 228.688.3636 (security department)