Application Process for M.Ed. in School Counseling and Personnel Services - Deadline for Summer 2012 - April 2, 2012
1. Apply to Southern Miss Graduate Studies and pay fee
A. Online application OR
B. Paper application available from Southern Miss
2. Submit Official Transcripts to Graduate Studies
3. Submit GRE Scores (all three sections) to Graduate Studies
4. Submit: Departmental Program Requirements
A. Cover Letter of intent and use of degree
B. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation [1 from principal]
C. 3 – 5 page essay on “Why I Wish to Become a School Counselor”
*Writing should reflect Graduate Level Composition
*Vision for meeting student(s) needs and improving academic achievement
D. Current Vitae or Resume`
*Do include student centered activities, leadership roles, and collaboration efforts.
E. Signed Mentor Agreement Form
F. Copy of Supervising Mentor’s and Candidate’s Teaching Licenses
- GRE Scores should be within the past five years
- Once all required paperwork or documentation is submitted, each complete applicant file is reviewed.
- Graduate Studies will notify each applicant in regard to admission status.
- Following acceptance by Graduate Studies (Contact Graduate Studies for Acceptance Status if process seems delayed)
- The student may contact the department for their advisor’s name and contact information.