Master's of Education in Educational Administration & Supervision (P12)

The Master's Degree (M.Ed.) in Educational Administration and Supervision is the degree of choice for individuals who wish to become administrators and educational leaders in P-12 schools and districts in Mississippi.

Request Additional Information

The program is offered in a 4-semester, 34 semester-hours, cohort design in either a totally online or hybrid format and includes an internship

In order to be considered for the M.Ed. in Educational Administration at The University of Southern Mississippi, applicants must meet the following requirements:

  1. Complete successful teaching experience in a P-12 school setting (minimum of 3 years preferred)
  2. Meet GRE requirements as set by The University of Southern Mississippi Graduate School
  3. Submit official transcripts to The University of Southern Mississippi Graduate School
  4. Pay application fees
  5. Interview with department admissions committee
  6. Submit three letters of recommendation:  Each letter must be from a professional who has supervised the applicant - at least one letter should be from the applicant's current school district
  7. Submit a portfolio of teaching and leadership experience
  8. Successful applicants must have access to administrators who will agree to serve as mentors over the course of the program

The priority deadline for the Summer Cohort is April 30, 2016; however, applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until the cohort has been filled.

Licensure and/or Certification is a function of each state's department of education, and requirements for licensure certification vary from state to state.  We do not guarantee to meet the licensure requirements of other states.  It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of his/her state’s current requirements for licensure certification and ensure that all current requirements are met through completed coursework. The College of Education and Psychology certification officer who assists students with filing appropriate licensure and/or certification paperwork, but it is the student’s responsibility to provide the necessary forms. For these reasons, students seeking licensure and/or certification are encouraged to stay current with licensure certification regulations within their respective states. If you have any questions about this policy, contact the department chair.


Apply Here