Louis Stokes Mississippi Alliance for Minority Participation
The LSMAMP program is one of the National Science Foundation’s flagship initiatives for helping our nation meet its science, technology, engineering and mathematics workforce needs for the 21st century. The program is a multidisciplinary, comprehensive, undergraduate program intended to increase the quantity and quality of underrepresented minority students completing baccalaureate degrees and pursuing graduate degrees in the STEM disciplines.
The LSMAMP consortium is comprised of Jackson State University, the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, Mississippi Valley State University, Alcorn State University, Tougaloo College, Hinds Community College and The University of Southern Mississippi.
Students in the program take part in:
- Academic training sessions
- Research activities with STEM faculty
- Regional and national research conferences
- Community service activities
- Select students, as LSMAMP Scholars, receive financial support for their LSMAMP activities
Applications are due by September 15th for the FALL Semester and February 15th for the SPRING Semester.