Calls for Papers
Thank you for visiting the Southern Quarterly website. We always enjoy receiving submissions, but we don’t like subjecting our potential contributors to prolonged response times. For that reason, we are currently on temporary hiatus for general topics, reading materials related only to:
- Freedom Summer (Deadline: June 15, 2014)
- The Mississippi River and Southern Icons (Deadline: November 1, 2014)
- Photography and Southern Culture (Deadline: January 1, 2015)
For the full calls for papers on these topics, please click here. We will accept general submissions again beginning in August 2014.
- Volume 51, Numbers 1/2 (Fall 2013/Winter 2014) was distributed in February 2014.
- Volume 51, Number 3 (Spring 2014) will be distributed in June 2014.
- Volume 51, Number 4 (Summer 2014) is a special issue on early European contact
communities in the
South. It will be distributed in late August 2014.
- Volume 52, Number 1 (Fall 2014) is a special issue celebrating the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer. It will be distributed in late October 2014.