Steps to Follow
- Submit the Application to Charter Form. Things to have ready when completing the application:
- Organization Constitution (Sample Constitution).
- Letter of Support from Advisor of the Organization
- Letter from department which proposed organization will affiliate, if applicable.
- Submit the Organization Information Form (OIF).
Once received, you will be contacted to meet with the Student/Faculty Committee on Student Organizations regarding the proposed organization. The entire process to become chartered takes several months. Please allow for this in planning.
- Three meetings may be held prior to the official chartering of a student organization. Business during these meetings should be limited to constitution drafting and forming the structure of the organization.
- Groups will need to complete the Event Form and indicate on the form that this is for an organizational meeting of your proposed group. Please call our office at 601.266.4403 if you need any help in the process.