Event Planning Steps
Do you need a guide for planning your event? Use our Event Planning Checklist with helpful hints for goal setting to after event assessment!
All registered student organizations should follow the steps below in order to successfully hold events on campus.
- Submit the appropriate request form for the event with Student Activities. Found by clicking on "Forms" in the left hand column of this page.
- To reserve space in the Union Complex, visit the Event Services website by clicking here and selecting "Reservation Request".
- For events in the Union Complex, you will receive an confirmation from Event Services within 2-4 business days. For events elsewhere, you will receive confirmation from Student Activities within 2-4 business days.
- Remember: you must have an email confirmation for your event to be officially registered. Until then, you cannot advertise for your event.
- The sooner you submit forms, the better. Forms are always to be submitted by Mondays at 4 p.m. for events the following Monday-Friday. Special event forms must be submitted one month prior to the date of the event.
Need help advertising?
- All student organization events that have completed event forms and are registered get added to the student activities calendar. View it by clicking here.
- Submit your event to the weekly Student Activities Newsletter by clicking here.
- Submit your advertisement to run on the Eagle Vision screens in the Union Complex. Click here.
- Submit your advertisement to run in the weekly announcements by University Communications. Click here.
- Submit your advertisement to run on the University's electronic message board at the front of campus. Click here.
- Sign up to table by completing a "Tabling/Sales" form by clicking here.
- Post a flyer on any approved University bulletin board around campus.
- Use Social Media: Create a Facebook page for the event. Tweet about it! Create a QR code for students to scan for information.