Before any group can hold events on campus, it must be registered with the Office of Student Activities. Groups must update their Organization Information Form (OIF) as well as attend a Student Activities Orientation Session, which are offered during the summer, fall and spring.While you can submit request forms for events before completing these, no events will be registered nor are you allowed to begin advertising your event until it is offically registered with our office.
All registered student organizations should follow the steps below in order to successfully hold events on campus:
- Refer to the Event Checklist Form for helpful planning tips.
- Submit the appropriate request form for the event with Student Activities.
- Found by clicking on "Student Activities Forms" in the left hand column of this page.
- For events in the Union Complex, you will receieve an confirmation from Event Services within 2-4 business days.
- For events elsewhere, you will receive confirmation from Student Activities within 2-4 business days.
- *Amplfied sound is not allowed in academic classroom space on campus.
- Until then, you cannot advertise for your event.
- *NOTE: ALL advertising must have your organization's name or logo on it to be approved.
- Forms are always to be submitted by Mondays at 4 p.m. for events the following Monday-Friday. Special event forms must be submitted one month prior to the date of the event.
- Special events are events outside including Centennial Lawn and Pride field as well as events where money is collected or amplified sound is present.