Tap in to the Southern Miss student body to fill your part-time employment needs!
Southern Miss Student Employment is a division of Career Services. The primary goals of our department are to acquaint students with a variety of employment opportunities and to assist employers in their search for qualified students to fill their positions.
All employers and on-campus departments can post and manage all part-time jobs via our online career center, Eagle Employment. You have the freedom to create, edit and manage all of your part-time employment opportunities on the internet.
Setting up an Eagle Employment account is easy:
- To begin, click Employer Login found above.
- If you do not have an account on Eagle Employment, then you will need to click “Create an Eagle Employment Account.” You will then be asked to search for your company (or department).
- If your company (or department) exists, then you can proceed and add yourself as a new contact. You can then begin creating and viewing your jobs.
- If your company or department does not have an existing account, you will need to create one. This step will take about 10-15 minutes and provides us with necessary information about your company.
- Once you have completed this step, you can then post your position(s
Post Your Job Opportunities
Once you have created your account, click on the “Jobs” tab and select “New Job.” From here, you will be able to describe and classify your position(s).
If you have questions or need assistance please feel free to contact Student Employment at 601.266.4157
Report A Placement
The Job Location and Development program that allows Student Employment to provide this service is federally funded, so it is imperative that we track our student placements in off-campus positions. You can report a hire through your Eagle Employment account, under “Quick Links,” or call or e-mail our office with the name the student you hired.
The Student Employment department serves only as a referral source and is not liable for any problems incurred as a result of such job referrals.