Department of Union and Programs, July 2014
The lawn at Centennial Green is perfect for quiet reflection, recreational lounging, study time and casual gatherings. It has increasingly become a popular location for students, staff and others at Southern Miss.
Located in the heart of the campus on the historic site of the J.B. George Commons, the original buildings and grounds of the 1910 campus can be viewed while enjoying the beautifully appointed Centennial Green. As students enjoy the picturesque campus scenery, they can reflect the University’s treasured past as they envision a golden future.
In order to preserve this space for the free use of students and other members of the University family, organized programs and activities will be limited to official university functions (functions and programs sponsored by University departments). University departments should make reservations through the Thad Cochran Center staff and abide by the following guidelines:
· Weekday daytime programming is prohibited
· Amplified sound not allowed when classes are in session
· Glass containers and litter are prohibited
· Student code of conduct is enforced
· Vehicles are prohibited; this includes university vehicles
· No markings or disturbing landscape
· Vending and solicitation must be approved
- Placement of tents, stages, or any equipment requires approval from the Physical Plant.
NOTE: The Centennial Green is available for football game day tailgating, but tents and other tailgating items may not be set up until the conclusion of “Friday at the Fountain Pep Rallies”. All Athletic Department tailgating guidelines apply and tents anchored by stakes are not allowed.
Reservations can be made by contacting:
Thad Cochran Center—2nd floor