Cultural Perspectives Student Photo Contest
Rules and Guidelines for 2012
Please read all of the following rules and guidelines thoroughly before filling out the entry form.
Deadline for submission
Thursday, 8 November, 2012 by 5:00PM
Entrants must be currently enrolled as a student at The Univerisity of Southern Mississippi and should submit photos taken abroad while attending a Southern Miss study abroad program or while independently traveling or living outside of the U.S.
- Culture/People (activities, events, ceremonies, etc.)
- The Southern Miss Study Abroad Experience (This category is specifically for those students who have participated in a Southern Miss study abroad program. Photos should capture the essense of their experience.)
- Entrants will be judged on the following criteria: Artistic and visual appeal; and representation of culture.
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form
- Entries must include their title, category, location and artist's name on the back of the photo
- Entries must be an original work taken by the individual submitting the photo
- Entries that contain any illegal substance or drug/alcohol abuse will not be accepted
- Entries myst be appropriate for viewers of all ages
- Images cannot be digitally enhanced or altered ina ny way
- Entrants may submit a maximum of one photo per category
Format and Entry Process
- Photos should be submitted in hard copy form as an 8x10 to the Office of International Programs in the International Center 401 by deadline (see above).
- Entries should be accompanied by an online entry form
- Black & white, sepia or color photos will be accepted
- Entries will be determined by an adjudication panel and a student vote
- Photos will be displayed in the Thad Cochran Center Atrium by the Fresh Food Company during International Education Week on Thursday, Nov. 15 between 10am and 3pm. Photos will also be displayed online via a Facebook photo album on the Eagles Abroad facebook page.
- Judging and voting will take place online and in person. Votes will be cast by ballot in the Thad Cochran Center. Votes will be cast by "likes" within the Facebook Album.
- Online voting will end Nov. 15 at 5pm
Winning photos will be framed and displayed in the Office of International Programs, as well as announced on and off campus. Winners will also receive a Study Abroad t-shirt.
For Further Information
Contact the Office of International Programs in the International Center 401, 601.266.4344, firstname.lastname@example.org.