Cultural Perspectives Student Photo Contest
Rules and Guidelines for 2013
Please read all of the following rules and guidelines thoroughly before filling out the entry form.
Deadline for submission
Monday, 11 November 2013 by noon.
Entrants must be currently enrolled as a student at The Univerisity of Southern Mississippi and should submit photos taken abroad while attending a Southern Miss study abroad program or while independently traveling or living outside of the U.S.
- Entrants will be judged on the following criteria: Artistic and visual appeal; and representation of culture.
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form
- Entries must include their title, location and artist's name on the back of the photo
- Entries must be an original work taken by the individual submitting the photo
- Entries that contain any illegal substance or drug/alcohol abuse will not be accepted
- Entries myst be appropriate for viewers of all ages
- Images cannot be digitally enhanced or altered in any way
- Entrants may submit a maximum of two photos
Format and Entry Process
- Photos should be submitted in hard copy form as an 8x10 to the Office of International Programs in the International Center 401 by deadline (see above).
- Entries should be accompanied by an online entry form
- Black & white, sepia or color photos will be accepted
- Entries will be determined by a popular vote (on-campus ballot), a facebook vote (via "likes") and an adjudication panel (comprised of 3 Southern Miss professors)
- Photos will be displayed on campus during International Education Week Monday, 11 November - Friday, 15 November.
- Photos will be displayed on-campus during International Education Week. Photos will also be displayed online via a Facebook photo album on the Eagles Abroad Facebook page.
- Juding and voting will take place online and in person.
- Votes will be cast by ballot around campus. Votes will be cast by "likes" with in the Facebook Album. Votes will be cast in-person by three Southern Miss faculty from the Department of Art.
- Campus and on-line voting will end November 15 at 12:00pm
Awards will be given for 1st and 2nd place in the following categories: popular vote (on-campus), facebook vote (via likes), and faculty vote (made up of 3 on-campus professors). First place winners will receive $25 gift card from Barnes and Noble, and second place winners will receive Study Abroad t-shirts. Winning photos will be framed and displayed in the Office of International Programs, as well as announced on and off campus.
For Further Information
Contact the Office of International Programs in the International Center 401, 601.266.4344, firstname.lastname@example.org.