Cultural Perspectives Student Photo Contest
Rules and Guidelines for 2015
Please read all of the following rules and guidelines thoroughly before filling out the entry form.
Deadline for submission
Fall 2015 deadline TBA.
Entrants must be currently enrolled as a student at The University of Southern Mississippi and should submit photos taken abroad while attending a Southern Miss study abroad program or while independently traveling or living outside of the U.S.
- Entrants will be judged on the following criteria: artistic and visual appeal; and representation of culture.
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form
- Entries must include their title, location and artist's name on the back of the photo
- Entries must be an original work taken by the individual submitting the photo
- Entries that contain any illegal substance or drug/alcohol abuse will not be accepted
- Entries must be appropriate for viewers of all ages
- Images cannot be digitally enhanced or altered in any way
- Entrants may submit a maximum of two photos
Format and Entry Process
- Photos should be submitted in hard copy form as an 8x10 to the Office of International Programs in the International Center 401 by deadline (see above).
- Entries should be accompanied by an online entry form
- Black & white, sepia or color photos will be accepted
- Entries will be determined by a popular vote (on-campus ballot)
- Photos will be displayed on campus during International Education Week
- Judging and voting will take place online and in person.
- Votes will be cast by ballot around campus.
- Campus and on-line voting will end November 20 at 12:00 pm
Awards will be given for 1st place by popular vote. Prize for 1st place is TBA.
Please note, photos may be featured in the Scoop and in our calendar.
For Further Information
Contact the Office of International Programs in the International Center 401, 601.266.4344, email@example.com.