Contacting Your Adviser

All undeclared students are assigned an academic adviser.  While this adviser will assist you with creating a course schedule for the semester, there is also a counseling component to this relationship.  The ultimate aim is to help you identify the right academic major for you and for you to officially declare that major so that you can graduate in a timely manner. You can find out the name of your adviser by logging into SOAR and going to your Student Center. The name and contact information of your adviser will appear on the right-hand side of the panel.   

While students with declared majors are officially obligated to meet with advisers just once a semester during the advisement window, undeclared students should plan to meet with their academic advisers regularly throughout the semester. Regular interaction with your adviser will help you clarify your goals and interests so that you can quickly identify a major and declare it.