About this Bachelor's Degree
The American Studies program offers an interdisciplinary major or minor for students interested in a broad liberal arts education. Through courses from many fields, the student acquires an understanding of the development of American heritage. By course selection and during the American Studies Seminar, students may pursue their special interests.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to communicate complex ideas about the American social, economic, cultural, political system in a formal paper substantiated by evidence.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to identify, read, comprehend, and analyze appropriate popular and scholarly materials in the American Studies field.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to define and explain American Studies concepts.
- Students will be able to provide evidence of the social, political, economic and/or other forces that are significant in shaping American culture.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the interconnectedness of those forces.