All students are admitted into the Department of Art and Design as art majors.
- 15 hours of designated general education requirements must be completed with a 2.0 overall grade point average.
- Students must complete ART 101, ART 102, ART 111, ART 112 and ART 113, for a total of 15 credit hours, achieving a 2.5 GPA on these courses or permission of the department chair.
- When a student is in the last semester of completing the foundation requirements, the student should contact his/her adviser in his/her area of concentration. The review process for acceptance into an area of study is determined by the faculty within that area.
- Select all four foreign language courses from one foreign language. Choose from French, German, Spanish or Italian. Twelve hours in a single foreign language are required; fewer hours may suffice, but course level 202 must be completed.
- Select two groups from:
- Drawing (ART-301, ART-302, ART-303)
- Digital (ART-311, ART-312, ART-313)
- Painting (ART-321, ART-322, ART-323)
- Graphic Design (ART-341, ART-342, ART-343)
- Ceramics (ART-351, ART-352, ART-353)
- Sculpture (ART-361, ART-362, ART-363)
- Within electives, three credit hours must be from any designated writing intensive course.
- Senior capstone should be selected from one of the two studio groups.