About this Bachelor's Degree
The Bachelor of Science degree in child and family studies, with three areas of emphasis, prepares students to work with children and their families in educational, institutional and human service settings.
- Demonstrate evidence of knowledge and skills in current and emerging technologies
- Demonstrate continual professional growth and development
- Demonstrate proficiency in professional skills and dispositions related to teaching, child life and family life education
- Develop a strong knowledge base to support a systemic and developmental approach to improve the lives of children and families across the life span
- Effectively analyze life situations from a systemic, developmental and cultural perspective
- Apply critical thinking skills to identify solutions to problems at all levels of the ecological model