About this Bachelor's Degree
Undergraduates choose to major in communication studies because they enjoy studying human interaction and because their studies will enhance their lives and careers.
The curriculum includes skills-oriented courses such as interviewing, debating and public speaking as well as theory-based courses on nonverbal communication, persuasion, gender, humor and deception. Students can also take courses that examine communication in legal, political and organizational contexts.
- Students will learn to communicate effectively in public.
- Students will learn how to be advocates for their ideas.
- Students will learn how to compose messages adapted to audience, goals, and context.
- Students will be able to utilize what they’ve learned to advance their personal and/or professional goals.
- Students will learn to write clearly.