About this Bachelor's Degree
The CET program includes such areas as analog and digital circuits, computers, microprocessors, communications, microcontrollers and automation/control systems.
CET is a computer-oriented track that includes a comprehensive selection of basic science, programming and electronics courses with applications of these courses throughout the program. The program offers a minor in computer engineering technology and contributes to the minor in automation engineering.
The program utilizes the latest software available, including circuit board layout, programmable controllers, engineering computational software, microprocessor simulation packages and modern circuit board prototyping capabilities.
The CET program offers theory in the classroom and extensive hands-on applications in the laboratory. The Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) has accredited the degree program.
Topic areas of program include:
- Application of computer electronics and programming
- Microprocessor applications
- Computer interfacing
- Computer networking
- Computer programming
- Automated circuit board fabrication
- Digital electronics
- Embedded computing
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- CET students will perform as an effective team member through participation, coordination, and an understanding of the roles different personalities play on a team.
- CET students will prepare and present professional oral communications appropriate for the delivery of technical content.
- CET students will conduct, analyze and interpret digital and computer related experimentation; recording the process, results and conclusions in a report and/or demonstration.
- CET students will prepare and present professional written communications appropriate for the delivery of technical content.
- Computer Engineering Technology (CET) students will appropriately master the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of computer engineering technology, to include the design of hardware and software applications and their use to solve embedded computer requirements