- Apply at least one semester in advance of the semester that s/he intends to serve as an intern.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Ability to take and complete the course for academic credit is based on acceptance with a Mississippi law enforcement or criminal justice agency.
- Meet with internship coordinator (IC) for internship interview.
- Two hundred work hours for the assigned agency must be completed within the semester that the course is taken.
- A weekly reflective journal must be completed and turned in by the last day of the semester.
- The sponsoring agency must complete proper paperwork and submit to the internship coordinator concerning the performance of the student-intern. A copy of the evaluation form is available for the student to review.
- A 10-page paper will be due before the last day of the semester.