About this Bachelor's Degree
The electronics engineering technology (EET) program offers opportunities for students to learn about the field of electronics, computers and other areas of engineering and technology.
With access to an active research program, students are presented with a wealth of opportunity for undergraduate research and future graduate research and study.
The program offers minors in electronics engineering technology and automation engineering, as well as an academic home for pre-engineering students.
The program for EET is based on an analytical curriculum. It provides exposure to electronics, electrical and other engineering disciplines.
Topic areas include:
- Analog and digital circuits
- Embedded computers
- Traditional and virtual instrumentation
- Analog and digital communications
- Electrical power
- Automation/control systems
The program is multifaceted and includes a comprehensive selection of science, mathematics and computer-related courses, with applications of these courses throughout the program.
Students will work with the latest engineering software available, including circuit board layout, programmable controllers, engineering computational software, virtual instrumentation and modern circuit board prototyping capabilities.
The EET program offers theory in the classroom and extensive hands-on applications in the laboratory. The Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) has accredited the degree program.
Important attributes of program:
- Excellent employment opportunities for graduates of the program
- Respected analytical track with high level of math, science and engineering
- High level of laboratory experience
- Opportunities such as laboratory and industrial internships and undergraduate research
- Graduates prepared for industry or graduate school
- The program is about more than electronics, including other electrical engineering areas such as electrical power, communication systems, electromagnetics, control systems, instrumentation and automation.
- EET students will have a commitment to professionalism and lifelong learning.
- EET students will have an ability to communicate effectively in oral delivery.
- EET students will have an ability to function effectively on teams.
- Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) students will have an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of electronic engineering technology.
- EET students will have an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes.