About this Bachelor's Degree
The major in radio, television and film offers preparation for professional employment in the diverse film and electronic media industries.
The film emphasis is available only on the university’s Gulf Park campus. Students who pursue the degree can spend two years in Hattiesburg and complete their film courses in two years on the Gulf Coast.
Besides an emphasis in film, there is also an emphasis in media production, available at the Hattiesburg campus.
The emphasis in film is designed to prepare students for positions with large and small motion picture production companies, federal or state agency production units or for employment as independent producers, directors or production specialists.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will understand concepts and apply theories in the presentation of images and information in the film industry.
- Students will conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the film industry.
- Students will write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the film industry.
- Students will apply tools and technologies appropriate for the film industry.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity.