About this Bachelor's Degree
The Bachelor of Arts in history (B.A.) degree offers excellent training in critical reading and the analysis of evidence, the ability to form complex arguments and convey them in clear and persuasive prose, and an elaborate understanding of people, societies and historic change. Once students pass introductory classes in historic methods and world and American history, they choose from a wide variety of classes on different periods and geographic areas, as well as special topic areas in history.
- Students will be able to find and analyze both primary and secondary sources in history.
- Students will be able to present strong analysis and to defend an argument to solve historical problems.
- Students will be able to present clear and persuasive arguments in writing.
- Students will be able to organize and present the results of their research in oral presentations.
- Students will possess a broad knowledge of human history.