Students seeking careers in adaptive physical education or rehabilitation settings (public and private) should complete courses in the kinesiotherapy specialization. Upon successful completion of course work, these graduates are eligible for the Kinesiotherapy Registration Examination administered by the Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT).
Students are admitted to the pre-kinesiotherapy specialization, and an application to second-level admission into the kinesiotherapy specialization may be submitted when a student has successfully completed the following:
- Certification in CPR/AED required before clinical internships
- BSC 250, 250L and BSC 251, 251L with a minimum grade of “C” in each course
- Minimum grade of “B” in THY 412, THY 413, THY 421, THY 451, THY460, THY 470, HPR 301
- HPR 301L, HPR 373 and a minimum grade of “C” in all remaining classes
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above