INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS (IB)
Enrollment in courses numbered 300 or above requires at least junior standing
300. Introduction to International Business. 3 hrs. The introduction to International Business course provides an overview of the field of global business including international business culture and multinational operations
472. International Business. 3 hrs. corequisite: FIN 472. A survey of the various elements of international business including a field project related to exporting and importing
492. Special Problems in International Business. 1-6 hrs. Prerequisite: Consent of chair. Individual study on an approved topic in international business (Students undertaking a Senior Honors Project will enroll in IB H492.)
498. International Business Seminar Abroad. 3-6 hrs. May be repeated for total of six hours. Prerequisite: Consent of program director. Conducted in various locations abroad: a series of lectures and discussions involving authorities on international business issues and practices
The semester credit hours are listed after the title of each course.
100. Introduction to the Arts. 3 hrs. A team-taught investigation of the music, visual and theatrical arts designed for students who are not otherwise academically involved with these arts (CC 1233)
Southern Miss courses for which there are acceptable junior/community college courses are marked as (CC ____). It should be noted that there is a variance in course sequence between the junior/community colleges and Southern Miss. In addition, courses with the same junior/community college numbers vary from college to college. An adviser should be consulted before course scheduling.
The plus (+) sign in front of a course indicates that a special fee is charged for that course. (All labs are subject to a usage fee.)