About this Bachelor's Degree
The programs of study in management have three objectives:
- to provide students with concepts, knowledge and skills required in the effective management of organizations
- to prepare students for employment that will lead to positions of managerial responsibility
- to make education in general management available to students pursuing technical, educational and professional careers
Students interested in majoring in management may elect to emphasize business administration management or human resource management. The business administration management emphasis is a broad degree preparing students for careers in a wide range of business settings. The emphasis is appropriate for students who wish to obtain a business degree but who do not wish to specialize in a specific area of emphasis.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will understand the importance of strategic management and the role of management in organizations and as a result be prepared for a career in management.
- Students will understand and be able to apply key Organization Behavior concepts, and practices.
- Students will understand and be able to apply international management concepts and practices
- Students will understand and be able to apply key Organization Theory concepts and practices.
- Students will understand and be able to apply basic human resource management concepts and practices.