About this Bachelor's Degree
The bachelor of science degree program in recreation offers professional preparation in two distinct areas of recreation: recreation administration and therapeutic recreation.
The recreation administration emphasis is designed to prepare students for professional employment in a variety of recreational settings such as:
- Campus recreation
- Church recreation
- Commercial recreation
- Outdoor recreation
- Park management
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct recreation programming.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge of operational budgets and revenue generation as related to recreation administration agencies.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the conceptual foundations of recreation and leisure.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge of administration and management functions related to recreation administration.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the recreation administration profession.