About this Bachelor's Degree
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting is designed for students who are serious about specialization in acting, with an eye toward professional acting or further study at the graduate level.
Acting classes are diverse and offer a variety of specialized subjects for study.
- BFA students will show competence in multiple areas of theatre practice by successfully completing production tasks on publicly produced productions.
- Students should demonstrate strong intellectual skills of research, writing, and critical thinking.
- Students completing a BFA in Theatre will: demonstrate a conceptual understanding of their area of emphasis, including the history of theatre and of theatre production; demonstrate the highest levels of proficiency in their area of emphasis; and seek to work at the highest levels of professional standards.
- Students completing a BFA in theatre will have the training, education, experience, and skills to pursue a career in theatre or graduate studies.
- As they progress in the program, BFA students in Theatre will demonstrate essential competencies as outlined by the National Association of Schools of Theatre. These include; comprehension of the processes involved in the creation of theatre, beginning with the script through the interpretive creative processes of performance and production; development of a significant sense of what constitutes a serious work of theatre; and a relatively coherent set of ideas and goals which are embodied in their work.