USM Mailout (email) and Info Center (Web) are The University of Southern Mississippi’s official internal communications services.
Items distributed include brief news items, announcements about university-sponsored or related activities/events, university policies and other important information for faculty, staff and students.
Review the information below before submitting your request. Click the plus signs below to expand the sections and read the full details.
- Submissions must contain official announcements regarding university-related business and information only.
- Messages will only be accepted from university departments or official university-sanctioned organizations.
- Solicitations of employment, membership or petition signatures are prohibited.
- Political statements, editorials or other statements of opinion are prohibited.
- Students seeking to submit items must do so through a faculty/staff advisor, sponsor or supervisor.
Distribution of Messages
- For online distribution, announcements will be posted as quickly as possible to Info Center so they are more readily available for viewing.
- For email distribution, announcements will be compiled into one Mailout message weekly for each audience:
- Wednesdays: Faculty and Staff
- Thursdays: Students
- Fridays: Entire Campus Community
- University Communications administers the distribution of single announcements as stand-alone mailouts or as posts to Info Center.
- All announcements will be edited for brevity and clarity, approved, prioritized and distributed by the Web content producer in University Communications.
Instructions for Submitting an Announcement
Through Info Center
- Visit https://info.usm.edu/node/add/post, where you will be prompted to log in with your campus ID.
- Select the audience(s), location(s) and category(ies) for each submission.
- Use the USM Mailout Run Dates field to indicate any repeat dates, and note that distribution is as follows: Wednesdays/Faculty and Staff; Thursdays/Students; Fridays/Entire Campus Community.
- Access to edit submissions will be added in the future; in the interim, should you need to update a submission, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through email - email@example.com
- Include requestor’s name and employee ID with each request.
- Indicate the audience who should receive the message.
- If you want your message to go to faculty, staff and students, submit it only to the Friday mailout (to everyone), rather than all three.
- Messages will be sent once to each audience and will not be duplicated and sent repeatedly in successive weeks unless requested. This must then be approved by University Communications.
- All submissions received after a mailout has been distributed will be posted in the next available mailout for that audience.
Note: Please write this information in paragraph form and include a brief title/headline (required to submit via Info Center). Announcements should be no longer than 250 words.