USM Mailout (email) and Info Center (Web) are The University of Southern Mississippi’s official internal communications services.
Items distributed include brief news items, announcements about university-sponsored or related activities/events, university policies and other important information for faculty, staff and students.
Review the information below before submitting your request. Click the plus signs below to expand the sections and read the full details.
- Submissions must contain official announcements regarding university-related business and information only.
- Messages will only be accepted from university departments or official university-sanctioned organizations.
- Solicitations of employment, membership or petition signatures are prohibited.
- Political statements, editorials or other statements of opinion are prohibited.
- Students seeking to submit items must do so through a faculty/staff advisor, sponsor or supervisor.
- Submissions should be in paragraph form and be no longer than 250 words.
Distribution of Messages
- For online distribution, announcements will be posted as quickly as possible to Info Center so they are more readily available for viewing.
- For email distribution, announcements will be compiled into one Mailout message weekly for each audience:
- Wednesdays: Faculty and Staff
- Thursdays: Students
- Fridays: Entire Campus Community
- University Communications administers the distribution of single announcements as stand-alone mailouts or as posts to Info Center.
- All announcements will be edited for brevity and clarity, approved, prioritized and distributed by the Web content producer in University Communications.
Instructions for Submitting an Announcement
- Visit https://info.usm.edu/node/add/post, where you will be prompted to log in with your campus ID.
- Select the audience(s), location(s) and category(ies) for each submission. Be sure to use the Add button to select one or more categories.
- Use the USM Mailout Run Dates field to indicate any repeat dates, and note that distribution is as follows: Wednesdays/Faculty and Staff; Thursdays/Students; Fridays/Entire Campus Community.
- Should you need to update a submission, email firstname.lastname@example.org.