Social wellness encourages building and maintaining rewarding relationships. The social dimension also encourages contributing to one's environment and community. It emphasizes the interdependence between others and nature.
- Expanding your social network
- Surrounding yourself with positive people
- Respecting others values and beliefs while staying true to your own
- Live in harmony with others and our environment rather than live in conflict with them
- Contribute to the common welfare of our community rather than only think of ourselves
*from Six Dimensions of Wellness Model, 1976, National Wellness Institute, Inc.