Notes on Design
Whether it's brochures used for recruiting or fliers promoting a major or class, the university and college have graphics standards. Here's a quick breakdown of those standards.
Fliers & Posters: Internal
Fliers and posters (internal pieces) promoting an event or class that would typically be posted to bulletin boards in LAB or across campus can be created by departments and should include:
College logo (see below)
Professor name and contact information (email and/or phone number)
Rack Cards, Brochures & Posters: External
Rack cards, brochures and posters (external pieces) used for promoting a program or event to audiences outside of the Southern Miss community must:
Be vetted by the A&L Communications Team (who will proof read and check for college graphic standards)
Include the college logo
Include the department name
Include contact information (department phone number, website, etc.)
If you need help with the design and production of an external piece, contact the PR/Marketing office for guidance. We are here to help.
Guidelines from University Communications
- Social Media Dimensions Guide
- Rack Cards 4" x 9" (4.25" x 9.25" for full bleed), 300 dpi
- Posters 11x17 (11.25" x 17.25 for full bleed), 300 dpi
- Large Posters 18" x 24" (18.25" x 24.25" for full bleed), 300 dpi
- DMM Slides (for lobby TVs) 18.972" x 10.662", 72 dpi
- Web Slides (for department home pages) 9.875" x 4.736" - Remember when making web slides to leave the bottom right clear so words are not obscured by thumbnails, 72 dpi
Right click image to save as a transparent PNG image for use on posters and flyers.