Graduate Student Resources
Graduate Travel Awards
The College of Arts & Sciences supports graduate student travel to professional events.
The intent of these Travel Awards is to provide travel support to students presenting
research or scholarly/creative work at professional conferences and meetings. Students
who are not presenting work at a conference are not eligible to apply. Travel awards
are distributed on a competitive basis through a formal application process.
- October 1, 2019 (for travel between November 2019 - April 2020)
- March 1, 2020 (for travel between May 2020 - October 2020)
- Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate degree program at USM and must be in good
academic standing (have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA). Graduate students are not
eligible to receive a travel award if they graduate before their event begins.
- Research or creative/scholarly work that will be presented must have been completed
during the student’s graduate career at USM. The College of Arts and Sciences will
not fund travel for work completed during an applicant’s undergraduate career or while
pursing graduate studies at another institution.
- Within the funding cycle (November 2019-October 2020) graduate student may be awarded
a maximum of $750 for travel. It is expected that the School or PI will cover the
remainder of the travel expenses. The student should not be responsible for the expenses.
Funds will only be provided to students whose PI cannot cover the entire travel expenses.
- The student must be listed as the sole author/presenter, first or lead author/presenter,
or serving in a capacity whereby they are responsible for significant leadership for
the overall session.
Funds cannot be requested to attend a meeting where you are not presenting.
Apply Here for graduate travel awards.