There are as many giving opportunities at The University of Southern Mississippi as there are avenues of interest for our alumni and friends. Southern Miss welcomes gifts of all sizes. Unless you request anonymity, we will acknowledge your gift accordingly.
Here are some of the ways to give:
- Unrestricted Gifts ~ A gift without restrictions offers maximum flexibility, ensuring the general excellence of the University.
- Designated Gifts ~ You may designate a gift for a specific school, department, program, or scholarship.
- Gifts of Cash ~ Your outright gift of cash, either in full or on a pledge plan, will provide you with an income-tax deduction based on current tax laws and the amount of your income. Please make your check payable to The University of Southern Mississippi Foundation.
- Gifts for Endowment ~ Your endowed gift will provide Southern Miss with income every year in perpetuity. With a minimum contribution of $10,000 you may establish an endowment in the name of your choice, allowing the interest to be used annually.
- Gifts of Securities ~ An outright gift of appreciated stock eliminates any capital gains tax and allows you to claim an income-tax deduction based on the full market value of long-term securities, regardless of their original cost.
Matching Gifts Program
Your gift of any size can have an even greater impact if your company has a matching gift program. In some cases, your spouse's company may also match your gift.
Tuition covers only a portion of costs to educate today’s students. The Annual Fund for the College of Business helps to narrow the gap between the cost of providing an education of excellence and what tuition and state funds provide.
Donations have been critical to success in these three areas
- Scholarship and specialized enrichment programs for students
- Funding to “Partnership Professors” to support research and teaching needs
- Funds to install and maintain up to date technology in classrooms
A primary component of each annual fund campaign is the annual phonathon. This year COB alumni and friends will be called throughout the school year.
For more information, email Becky Vinzant or call at 601.266.4849.