Biggest Winner is a competition for Southern Miss faculty and staff to enhance fitness
and experience healthy weight loss through proper nutrition and exercise.
Spring 2016 Dates: February 1 - April 18
Registration Deadline: Thursday, January 28
Cost: $100 Registration Fee
- Your Registration Fee will get you 2 Personal Training Sessions Per Week, 1 Nutrition/Educational
Session Per Week and 2 Fitness Assessments
10 Week Training (begins Monday, February 1 and ends Monday, April 18)
2 Personal Training Sessions Per Week - Sessions are one-hour and time varies by each team.
1 Challenge Per Week - Challenges can be found at the WOZ Desk. New challenges posted every Monday at
8 a.m. Each challenge-earned point will vary with intensity. Challenge card needs
to be initialed by the WOZ attendant and turned in to your team leader.
1 Educational Session Per Week - Location and time slot will change each week.
Thursday, January 28 from 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m., Payne Center Oak Tree Room
- Meet your trainer and your team mates
- Set our personalized goals and team goals with your team trainer
- Pre-Competition Fitness Assessment: Height & Weight, Body Circumferences, Skinfolds,
One-mile run/walk for time, Sit-ups in 60 seconds, Push-ups to fatigue, Sit and Reach
Monday, April 18 at 5:30 p.m., Location TBA
- Food provided
- Winners Announced
- Evaluations Completed
How Do You Win?
There are four different ways to win the Biggest Winner:
- Earn the most point individually*
- Earn the most points as a team*
- Lose the most weight individually**
- Lose the most weight as a team**
* Points are earned by attending training sessions, attending educational sessions,
completing weekly challenges, attending Group Ex classes and completing weekly weigh-ins
** Weight is measured when comparing the Pre-Fitness Assessment to the Post Fitness
How Do I Register?
Fill out and turn in the registration form found at the Payne Center Welcome Center.
Registration deadline is Thursday, January 28.
Keep in Mind:
- Your goals
- Your team's goals
- Earning points
- Having fun!
For More Information:
Contact Sam Di Maggio at 266-5655 or samantha.dimaggioFREEMississippi