Every semester, Southern Miss Campus Recreation hires part-time employees in a variety
of different positions. Positions listed are only open to Southern Miss students.
Below are the open part-time positions available with Campus Rec.
How to apply for a job:
- Review the position descriptions listed below and identify a position for which you
would like to apply.
- Fill out the campus_recreation_job_application_2018.pdf(PDF)
- Once completed, turn in your application by one of the following methods:
- Turn in completed form to Payne Center
- Fax completed form to 601.266.5677
Email completed form (you must save the completed form and attach it through email)
- Marketing and Public Relations (Graphic Designers, Videographers, PR/Social Media
- Pride Field Supervisors
- Facility Management (Facility Set-Up/Breakdown Crew, Facility Attendants: WorkOut
Zone attendants, Equipment Issue attendants, Pride Field Supervisors)
- Swim Instructor
- Intramural Sports Official
- Intramural Sports Supervisor
- Office Receptionist
- Personal Trainer
- Outdoor Adventures Trip Leader
- Rock Climbing Wall Attendant
- Ropes Course and Zip Line Attendant
- Outdoor Adventures Center Attendant
- Group Exercise Fitness Instructor
We are currently accepting applications for the spring semester. To apply, stop by
the Payne Center Campus Recreation offices and fill out an application. Work-study
applicants are encouraged to apply, however work-study status is not required to work
for Southern Miss Recreational Sports.
- Hiring takes place the semester prior.
- Bring your semester schedule.
- Dress professionally.
- Remember to smile.
Benefits to Working on Campus
- Easy commute.
- Better networking with faculty and staff.
- Become more engaged on campus.
- More flexibility.