2020 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN
We invite abstracts (of approximately 250 words) for 45-60 minute breakout sessions
and lighting-round poster presentations that are of professional interest to our attendees
(teachers and librarians from across the nation).
The following information must be submitted via the online application:
- Submit a proposal including title, session proposer (with full contact information),
name of presenter(s), and abstract.
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) summary of your session (workshops only)
- Provide an abstract (250 words)
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) bio of session presenter(s)
Please be aware that:
- Presenters are responsible for handouts and other materials required for their session.
Attendees enjoy handouts- and although it is difficult to estimate attendance we
recommend having no fewer than 40 per session. Highest-attended sessions have had
up to 85 attendees.
- Presenters may not attach items to the walls or ceiling of the rooms and may not use
confetti or glitter.
- Accepted presenters receive complimentary registration to the festival with luncheons
included. Presenters are responsible for travel and housing.
- Proposals are selected via blind review.
Feedback from previous festivals indicated a strong interest in the following:
- Common Core
- Public Libraries
- School Libraries
- Community Outreach
- How to Get Published
- Booktalks/Best New Books
- Technology/Social Media
Deadline for Submissions
November 1, 2019
Notification of Acceptance
December 9, 2019