Location, Directions and Parking
Where will the Children's Book Festival be held?
At the Thad Cochran Center on The University of Southern Mississippi campus in Hattiesburg, MS. Southern Miss campus map.
Directions from the Hwy 49/I-59 Intersection:
- Drive SOUTH onto Hwy 49.
- Take the 4th Street (USM) exit. You will exit onto a service road at will take you to 4th Street.
- At 4th Street take a RIGHT.
- Take a left at your first stop light (Golden Eagle Avenue). The parking garage entrance will be directly to your left.
Directions to USM from the Hardy St. (Hwy 98/I-59 Interchange):
- Drive EAST on Hardy St.
- Turn LEFT onto 38th Avenue.
- Turn RIGHT onto 4th Street.
- Take a right at your second stop light (Golden Eagle Avenue).
- The parking garage will be directly to your left.
Where do I park when I get there?
Festival attendees may park in the parking garage at the Southern Miss campus. It is across from the Payne Center and should be accessed from the north side of campus, not by the main entrance on Hardy Street. Access this lot from Golden Eagle Avenue off 4th Street. The garage will not have attendants, but you will need a special event parking permit displayed in your windshield. Download the Parking Permit (PDF).
Is transportation available to and from my vehicle?
The Thad Cochran Center is within walking distance of the parking garage, and we encourage attendees to walk whenever possible. Your walking path from the garage to the conference center will be marked with election signs with the book festival logo. We have also arranged to have shuttles available to take attendees from the first floor of the garage to the Cochran Center. You may take an elevator to the first floor of the garage and then take the shuttle.