University Technology and Data Center
The "Tier II Plus" University Technology and Data Center provides:
Availability: The increased availability and reliability of the University Technology and Data Center allows the university to keep people and information connected.
- Dual-fuel emergency generators
- Redundant electrical paths throughout entire system
- Uninterruptible power supply systems
- Environmental and electrical system monitoring with built-in alert system
- Redundant power distribution units and power supplies in each cabinet
- Redundant network connectivity to the university network
- Pre-cabled, separate path, dual network connections in each cabinet
- Automatic power transfer switching
- Three dedicated 20-ton cooling units
Security: State-of-the-art security measures have been implemented to make the University Technology and Data Center a secure and reliable place to store information.
- Security monitoring system with multiple indoor and outdoor cameras
- Under-floor leak detection system
- Waterless fire protection system
- Proximity and biometric access
- Firewall protection of all connections entering and exiting the Data Center
Expansion: The University Technology and Data Center has expanded to provide increased capability to accommodate additional servers and related infrastructure in a secure and controlled environment.
- Expanded equipment rack and server cabinet space by 150%
- Expanded network port density by 300%
- Increased network bandwidth capacity by 200%
- 75,000 feet of 10 Gbps-capable network cabling
- 10,000 feet of electric cabling