School of Communication
School of Communication
USM Foundation - Public Relations and Donor Programs Student Worker
The USM Foundation office is looking for a student worker to help in the Public Relations and Donor Programs department. The student would be involved in data management/updates, writing, editing and event planning. They would prefer the student to start July 1, 2020 or at the beginning of Fall semester.
Hours would be dependent upon the student's schedule, with a 20 hour maximum per week. If you're interested, email your resume to torie.fowlerFREEMississippi.
News - Associate News Producer (P/T) - WLBT
WLBT-TV, is the #1 rated local TV broadcast and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are a dominate NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #92 with a 24 county DMA. Jackson, MS is Mississippi's largest TV DMA, serving as the state capital, with several local universities and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical School. Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans are an easy three hour drive from NOLA and Memphis. The Jackson metro is the economic hub of Mississippi and a great place to work, live, and raise a family.
WLBT-TV is searching for a great behind the scenes journalist who wants to help build hard hitting newscasts. This is a detail driven position. This is an entry-level position and an excellent and rare opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market. You will work with our producers daily to make sure there newscasts are the best they can be.
General Responsibilities Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist newscast and digital content producers in planning daily news coverage
• Editing video for newscasts and writing for our TV newscasts and our digital platforms
• The ideal candidate will have or be working towards a degree in Journalism or related field.
• A previous internship in journalism is a plus • We need someone who can identify great video and compelling sound-bytes
• Have solid news judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• This is a part-time position. This is not a 9 to 5 job. You must be able to work nights, overnights and/or weekends
• Pre-employment and random drug testing
• Must have a good driving record
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Volunteer: PR/Marketing Internship
From CNN to The Huffington Post, the world is talking about the innovative movement that is downsizing global poverty. The Borgen Project believes that leaders of the most powerful nation on earth should be doing more to address global poverty. The national campaign is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. The Borgen Project is hiring a Public Relations/Marketing Intern who will work remotely. This public relations intern will be involved in a variety of aspects of marketing and communications.
• Create a branding campaign.
• Conduct an informal focus group and gather feedback for market research. • Pitch story ideas to print, broadcast and digital media
• Create and implement a fundraising strategy.
• Plan, market and present at an informational meeting.
• Utilize social media and develop strategies for web-based messaging. • Assist with The Borgen Project's advocacy efforts.
• Take on assignments as needed. Details This is an unpaid internship, although college credit is available.
The internship is 12-hours per week for 12-weeks. Start Date New programs begin every month, you choose the month you wish to start. This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good. https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/volunteer-pr-marketing-internship-at-volunteermatch-1691812508?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
Hattiesburg Public School District is looking for an intern to start in early June.
This is a multi-faceted internship that provides an intern with experience in writing press and publicity releases; design, prepare and edit district publications; maintain the district's website and social media management; work on video projects and other duties as assigned.
Contact: Ashley Jackson, email@example.com 601-408-0609.
Hattiesburg Public School District
Tuesday's Tidbits is a weekly communication organized by the School of Communication for dissemination to students, faculty, staff and alumni each fall and spring term. All items to be listed in the next edition of tidbits should be submitted by Noon every Monday during the academic year to mcjFREEMississippi.