Meeting the Certificate Requirements
Download this easy-to-use document to keep track of where you are in the certificate process
- IDS 181: Introduction to Leadership and Practice (3 credits). No prerequisites required!
- IDS 450: Practicum in Leadership Development (3 credits). Must have completed IDS
181 and been added to the registration permission list. Email leadershipFREEMississippi if you want to enroll.
- Three electives from a list of over 20 courses, many of which are GEC courses. If you completed a course that you believe should
count as a leadership elective but is not on this list, you may submit an online appeal for it to count as a substitution:
- Two out-of-class leadership activities with reflection reports.
To officially enter the Leadership Experience Program, you will need to submit the
Change of Major/Minor form. Please note that you do not need this form to enroll in IDS 181.
- Check "Add a Minor" and on the blank write TLECP
- Complete and sign this form, then submit to one of the Leadership Experience coordinators.
To officially graduate with the Leadership Experience Certificate. you must complete
the Application for Certificate form. This form requires several signatures, so please
allow enough time to ensure you meet the registrar's deadlines. You can find this
form by 1) logging into SOAR, 2) navigating to the Student Center, and then 3) selecting
Application for Certificate in the drop-down list of options under Academics